Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

reassurance...? I still feel the waves of anxiety/panic

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am someone who is used to being very high functioning and "in control" too much so - such that after about 10 years of high stresses (I won't bore you with all the details, but numerous very stressful events)and not really stopping to take proper emotional care of myself throughout it all, I have now been experiencing very severe anxiety - and some PTSD sx as well, for the last several months. In the last week or so I have started buspirone, which I am actually finding very helpful, (I started at 15 mg a day split in two doses, now I'm taking 7.5 mg 3x a day, and I think I will try 10 mg 3x a day soon) and I take .25 klonopin at night. Though I am feeling better, I still feel the waves of anxiety/panic start several times in the day - and more so at night when I can't sleep, and then I fear that I will never get true relief from this - it feels unbearable at times, and at other times, just so exhausting and depressing. I am also in therapy by the way, but my therapist and I agree that the anxiety has really taken on a life of it's own at this point, and therapy just wasn't enough.
Is is likely that I will be able to find reasonable relief? Can people share their success stories with me - and any suggestions you may have?
Thank you so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 17th, 2014
I also have anxiety, I also feel from PTSD! I am so sorry you are having to go through this, take things one day at a time and things will get better! You are welcome to Inbox me to chat more and I can help out with whatever I can! Sometimes just having someone to talk to can help!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...