I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll give it a shot here. Also, I'm not sure if this is mental as much as it is physical.

Last October, I drove about three hours to meet up with some friends at a party. We started drinking as soon as I arrived, and at the end of the night one of my friends passed me his joint and I took a hit, and immediately everything turned black, I felt lightheaded to say the least and I could barely stand and I had to find the couch. I lay there for about 2-3 minutes or so and was up and about after that. But this had never happened to me before and I figured it was the combination of drinking and the weed because I had never done both.

This past January I drove to the same friends house, and we didn't drink this time. He was taking hits from a bong with his other friend and I decided to try. As soon as I took a hit, everything went black( exactly like the time before) only this time I actually fainted, and they were about to call an ambulance. I finally regained consciousness, and I haven't smoked weed since. I really don't know what to attribute this to? Has anyone ever heard of someone passing out from a hit of marijuana? Also, should I be worried about a lack of oxygen to the brain, or is it like any other case of fainting? I may be paranoid(which is likely), but I have noticed that my short term memory has been pretty bad lately(I am not a regular pot user) , and the other day I mixed some words together when yelling at a co- worker which is something I've never done before; I said " you're voice sounds like chalk on a nail board." I'm probably being a complete hypochondriac, because I doubt brain damage occurs whenever one faints? I have also been fighting a bout of depression for the past couple of months, so this may be a factor.

Thanks guys for any input.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 19th, 2008
Hey there j87, I fainted several times when i was an adolescent and experimented with pot. That is what made me stop trying it. But I also have a problem with fainting a random basis that the doctors can't quite figure out so I think I am just more prone to fainting than other people. Maybe you are too. Do you have low blood pressure. My blood pressure is not low enought to be considered dangerous, but it is always on the lower end, so I guess that may play a part as to why I am more prone to fainting. But I am also a hypochondriac and paranoid, so maybe that plays a role in it too. But I have fainted many times over my lifetime, way more than I would like and every single time is just as terrifing and makes me even more paranoid, but it has never caused me any type of brain damage or permanent damage and my doctors have always said that I don't need to worry about anything permanent from the fainting spells.
Good luck to you and I would recommend no more marijuana.
|

replied March 19th, 2008
Hey there j87, I fainted several times when i was an adolescent and experimented with pot. That is what made me stop trying it. But I also have a problem with fainting a random basis that the doctors can't quite figure out so I think I am just more prone to fainting than other people. Maybe you are too. Do you have low blood pressure. My blood pressure is not low enought to be considered dangerous, but it is always on the lower end, so I guess that may play a part as to why I am more prone to fainting. But I am also a hypochondriac and paranoid, so maybe that plays a role in it too. But I have fainted many times over my lifetime, way more than I would like and every single time is just as terrifing and makes me even more paranoid, but it has never caused me any type of brain damage or permanent damage and my doctors have always said that I don't need to worry about anything permanent from the fainting spells.
Good luck to you and I would recommend no more marijuana.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
It's possible that the drugs were tainted, too. Or you just react that way to them. Either way, DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!

On the other hand, you might want to see someone about the depression...
|

replied March 20th, 2008
I've never fainted before, so it's not something else. And the possibility that th e drugs were tainted is 0 because its happened twice and both times others were fine while smoking.
|

replied March 20th, 2008
Yeah, I am not sure. I just know that it scared the crap out of me as well so I haven't touched the stuff in over 10 years. But I think it might have to do with low blood pressure, I also passed out recently when I had a cold and took some NyQuil and my doctors think it might be because whatever is in the cold medicine lowers your blood pressure temporarily and since mine is already low it had that effect on me. But I will admit that even though I can rationalize that to you, I don't always do very well of convincing myself of that. I am now terrified of all medication and all drugs and alcohol and anything I deem "unnatural" in my body. I have a total phobia of it now. But I think marijuana can have that effect pretty easily, it happend to me a few times, my sister has had it happen and my husband only tried it a couple times when he was younger, but he did faint one of those times as well.
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Well, you learn from school (and hopefully your parents!) drugs are bad. They do bad things to your body. And people react to them in different ways -- it sounds like weed is just not for you.

Next time you get a physical, you might want to mention it. Don't worry, you won't get arrested or anything, as long as you're not currently high a doc won't do anything about it (except maybe a lecture)
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...