Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

really, i think something happened to my esophagus.

User Profile
Hi. Im 18 and im recently facing a problem. Im not sure what caused my problem but i may think that its because i ate a really hot food. When im swallowing my saliva i feel a little pain at my esophagus's area. When im eating (any foods/snacks, not hot) i feel the same pain but more intense. I also feel a pain from my upper-middle back but it feels like its only a part of my back not the whole back. I think that i dont have any other symptoms, neither i have stomach pain. I really think that something happened to my esophagus. but if im wrong what else could cause these symptoms? i should notice that i started to have the symptoms i mentioned NOT immediately after that hot food so i might be wrong. Could someone tell me whats wrong, im scared rn

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2016
Acid Reflux Answer A55642
Hello and welcome

your concern is appreciated

Very hot food or drink can damage mucosa of the esophagus and it is possible that you have eroded the muscosa and now during ingestion,food when touching that area is causing pain the pain in the upper middle back. It can also be referred pain from esophagus.

If the damage is not extensive mucosa will heal it self in a week and pain will be gone

for now u can use PPIs, sucralphate suspension to lessen the pain

diet will need modifiaction use cold milk and avoid eating spicy food, hot food i will also suggest to use semisolid food so that further damage to mucosa can be minmised.

if the pain persist consult your doctor you can be advised endosocpy to directly observe the damage and futher look into the pathology.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.