Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Really bad trip on THC crystals? (Page 1)

Basically the other night I was with some mates and one of them had been collecting crystals from weed in his grinder for quite some time and we decided to have a joint of just the mixture and some tobacco, god knows how many varietys had been in the mixture. Im not even 100% sure of what it was we had, anyway things started of pretty normal then about 10 minutes later I starter to really freak out, everything was spinning insanely fast and I could barely move. My heart rate increased and started to really pump fast like I was going to have a panic attack or something.

As ive read in previous posts it felt like I was stuck in my mind and nothing in the real world was making sense to me. I tried to act normal but at the time we were watching a film and now I cant remember a single word from it, the whole thing is a totaly blank and I was concentrating on just trying to stay 'sane' as it seemed. My senses started to act really weird especially touch, I kept stroking the wall apprantly because it felt like it was vibrating. I decided to tell my mates that I was having a bad trip and they suggested to just lay down and try ride it out. I felt a bit better laying down as I was now not having to struggle by trying to keep myself upright but in my mind it felt like i was litrally going mentally insane. I could only keep thinking that this would never end and I was going to be stuck like this forever. I was really scared and paranoid of everything around me but I couldnt do anything as it felt like I was trapped.

Eventually most of it wore off after about 2 hours and I managed to get home and sleep, but today I woke up expecting to feel more in touch with myself but im still feeling pretty hazy and fuzzy. When I look back at the trip it sounds to myself really over the top and I never knew I could do this to myself, but at the time I was experiencing really bad emotions and thoughts that I had never felt before, it really did feel so bad and I just wanted to end it.

I was wondering how long this effect might last, and have I done any damage to myself, and what exactly was it I smoked? Im never ever touching any drug again thats for sure after that experience, and yes I have been smoking weed on and off for about 2/3 years and im now 18 and had only experienced a minor bad trip once but this one was totally different.

Any help or advice will be apprichiated as its a hard subject to talk about to someone who has never experienced this.

-kbee
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like you got a really bad batch. If your going to smoke (which I do not condole) at least be careful and know who you are getting the crap from. Who the heck know what was in there!
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Yeah I should have been more careful, and there won't be a next time, ive learnt from my mistakes now.
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Good to hear! I myself have been there as a teen with LSD. Never did it again. I also learned my lesson. A lesson taught is a lesson learned. Keep up and stay clean. Do it for yourself and try to stay away from peer pressure. That is the bad thing.
|

replied January 17th, 2009
questions
My 18 year old son started smoking straight THC crystals. He would have black out rage where he would physically and sexually abuse his girlfriend. He did not remember abusing her. He went to alcohol and drug counseling. It was there that he shared about smoking the crystals. He was clean and straight for 6 months and then started drinking again and when they found him with the back of his head blown off from a self inflicted gunshot wound he had smoked marijuana in a home made bong. I need more info on THC and the side effects of it.

Can anyone help me out?

A deeply grieving mother trying to understand
|

replied January 17th, 2009
Experienced User
You'r going to fry your brain if this continues.
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Ppl. Its weed. Its an herb...if you just so happens to set it on fire...there are gonna be some side effects. Ok that stuff you smoked out of the grinder? its called keef. Its all the THC crystals broken down from all of the weed you put in the grinder to break it up. So yea its gonna have extra THC in it...therefore, yes, it only takes so much for you to get totally blitzed for hours! Some ppl can tolerate it more then others...like alcohol. I have also smoked too much where my body trips like that too. Its just ur bodys way of telling you that you've had too much. Just like alcohol does to your body when you vomit. the way to fix it is to either take a COLDER than normal shower or just sleep it off. but next time be aware of what your smoking and how much you can handle. Theres nothing wrong with smoking regular commercial weed every now and then. Side effects: hungry, happy, sleepy. Better then any depression medicine i'd try.

As for nemom, Im very sorry to hear about your loss. But i honestly dont think weed was the reason for his actions. Marijuana is more of a downer..it relaxes you and i hate to say this but it feels like you dont wanna do anything! so its hard to see him have such violent outrages like that from weed. Possibly could be from the drinking or maybe something else could have been bothering him that maybe he didnt even know about. I hope this helps and again im very sorry to hear your situation.
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
My kid and myself (granted my kid is unborn) have been enjoying Jays for a long time now, I think 3 or 4 months although I have not seen a doctor about him/her yet (hopefully a him). I am sorry to hear about your son nemom, but maggie is basically right, except she left out that it causes memory loss and can cause bad trips.

I <3 you weed.

June
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2009
reply to twistyn_mystory
Please go and see a doctor about your baby as there are certain things that need to be checked out during pregnancy. Also, most people will agree that it is NOT a good idea to smoke while you are pregnant.
Hope all goes well for you.
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2009
to nemom
I would also agree with maggie420 that Your sons behavior can not be excused with weed. Psychedelic drugs in general bring out the monsters hidden in the closet. That is why most people can't handle them and sooner or later will experience bad trips, panic disorders, violence etc.
|

replied February 7th, 2009
Hmm.
The only thing I can think of is it was laced with another drug, because it does not sound weed-like. Marijuana can be scary at first if you dont know how to control your Trip. This is very important. I was the sort to freak out when they got high, at first. I continued doing it anyway. For the longest time I would hear sirens after smoking. Hallucinate sirens, i suppose, because I would be in the middle of the woods or I would be in my room (which is located in a house in the middle of a lot of woods.) Eventually I got past the paranoia, past the fear, and realized that I was capable of doing anything a normal person was. I was just looking at it differently, and thus had to think differently.
DONT FIGHT IT. At first you cant speak properly. Then you realize you can, you just werent doing it right. Then you realize you can still think normal lines of thought, they just run a bit differently. Then you learn to look normal. Open your eyes normal. And pretty soon you can look and act COMPLETELY normal while being pretty stoned. This is when being high starts to feel more normal to you than being sober.

Marijuana is what its used for.

As etiamunda says, drugs bring OUT hidden issues you dont wish to look at, or haven't noticed yet.
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
i had a trip just like this yesterday i was having a panic attack and kept thinkin bout death its the second time happening to me im 16 and it was the worst trip i have ever had 2 hours later back to normal idk what caused this sistuation but i dont want this to ever happen again just think happy thoughts thats whatt ckalmed me down
|

replied November 8th, 2009
you silly goose!

it wasnt laced........... your laced!
that experience was tricky........ but thats how weed can be. you were jolted. but for what and why?

who knows. hang in there champ.
with a little courage.......... youll be puffin before long
|

replied December 11th, 2009
my Night, on Crystals :(
crystals! ok i think i had the same thing, but i had panic attack, i smoked it in the pip, i made sure it was right in there, it was Soft, and why it was soft, i had this cutter that Cuts The Marijuana, and it cuts out all the crystals, and leaves my Weed Crystal Free Smile, i didnt know what crystals did, but i smoked it, then 10 mins about 12, it was like a Red Screen, and warned me Your going to have a Bad Trip... and in my head, i was saying !**@!, then it really started, my eyes, my vison was tiny, red, flashing, It was the Scary, i told my brother, Bad Trip, i was freaking out, but not Were IM PANICING, my brother kelt on telling me, Ur ok, Its alright, It will go away... and if you think u cant take it, My brother Says Orange Juice's Helps, it gets your Body Working, or Speeds up your high, so it will go away faster, i think its a *true* fact. but what i felt was a Awful Woohs
|

replied December 12th, 2009
Sounds just like you smoked DMT or salvia crystals to me.
|

replied December 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Crystallization either naturally occurring or chemically induced doesn't create a uniform distribution of sediment. You have no method other than chemical analysis to evaluate how strong a dose of a drug in crystal form is. Once a crystal is used to impregnate another medium, be it the paper LSD is put on or crystals ground into a joint, there is no control at all of the severity of the dosage other than solubility of the medium. You could get a hit of THC 50 times stronger than the last person to take a hit of the joint.

THC is a depressant a stimulant and a hallucinogen. The science on Marijuana says that it is poorly addictive, short lasting drug that causes brain damage and can aggravate neurological disorders through long term use. The Science however is based on the marijuana that was around nearly a quarter century ago and doesn't match the medicine that recovery programs are dealing with today. Marijuana is a drug that has been modified aggressively to enhance it's properties, normally by people with very little botany or pharmacological experience. There is no regulation. I would take any troubling after effect to the use of Marijuana seriously.
|

replied December 22nd, 2009
Fact: Marijuana does not cause brain damage.

Basically man, you just smoked too much of a highly potent drug. Sounds a lot like uncomfortable weed trips I had when I first started. Just be careful with your doses. Get familiar with how many hits it takes to reach a level your happy with. You might want to stick with normal weed for awhile until you develop a tolerance.
|

Extremely eHealthy
destructorbeam wrote:
Fact: Marijuana does not cause brain damage.

Really? Where does that fact originate from. Because the FDA and every drug regulatory authority on Earth seems to disagree with you.
|

The potentially negative effects of Marijuana on the brain have always shown to be very temporary in healthy individuals.

In fact there is a lot of research supporting the neuroprotective effects of THC, especially when treating inflammatory or autoimmune degeneration.

The FDA claims to have categorized Marijuana as Schedule I due to the high risk of abuse and the lack of medicinal benefits (which they are changing their stance on because Marijuana is being legalized for medical use all around the country.) I have never seen any FDA studies concluding that Marijuana causes permanent brain damage, please offer a reference if I am wrong about this.

|

replied December 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
NIDA Marijuana current factssheet based on FDA's original research and updated medical findings.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/marijuan a.html

2006 the FDA issues a statement denying a proven medical value (In their definition) of marijuana in contrast to it's legalization.

marijuana may disrupt brain development from Livescience.com

http://www.livescience.com/health/090203-m arijuana-brain.html

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/Pre ssAnnouncements/2006/ucm108643.htm

2002 JAMA article detailing study results that show Long-term marijuana users perform poorly in memory and attention testing compared to short-term users.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/issues/v287n9/abs /joc11416.html

Wikipedia if you believe it, specifically the Long-term effects, mental health.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_ca nnabis

As it turns out the FDA isn't the current regulatory agency for the study of drugs. Sometime after my high school years it was passed on to NIDA but the drug itself is still the same. A quick search of the internet brings up a lot of information about what pot does to your brain. In all fairness a lot of academic and reputable sites don't list brain damage as a long-term effect but those that don't generally link marijuana use to aggrivation of existing mental defects so neither here nor there. In basic and admittedly very generalized language. The disorientation caused by a marijuana high is caused by deprivation of materials your brain needs to function normally. This doesn't mean you're going to ever stroke-out smoking pot but it does mean that the same process that gets you high is killing brain cells.
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....