Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Reactive Hypoglycemia insulin resistance and then type 2?

On my last blood test my post glucose (after I had breakfast and then took a blood sample 2 hours later) it came back as 65ml/dl is this too low or is it a normal reading I am 19 years old, I am not overweight in fact I am underweight, I don’t smoke and no one in my family has diabetes and I personally never rely had sweat tooth. They said this could be sign of reactive hypoglycemia and lead to insulin resistance and then type 2 diabetes. The doctor recommended me to eat more often and to let my pancreas normalize it’s insulin production.
I this possible I don’t want to become a diabetes not with all of the risks it brings.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2013
Hi,

The symptoms you are having indicate for reactive hypoglycemia. It is true that you should eat often and small portions not to let your blood sugar goes down too much.

There is no harm from this. The only thing you should do is to be careful on what you eat (avoid too sugary foods and drinks) and to eat often and small portions.

Everything will be normalized by time. If no improvement, your doctor would ask to run further tests to evaluate for possible insulinoma.

All the best!
Dr.Alba
Feel free to contact me again if you have other questions!

Simple Steps to Beating Diabetes Naturally
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
For non diabetic its considered as normal.
You need just reassurance.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.