Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Reactive Hypoglycemia diet and pain that keeps moving.

User Profile
Hi, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on RH i was diagnosed with t2 in dec 2008 put on metformin 3x a day for 9 months, was under alot off stress and changed my diet to comply, as a result i lost some 23kg in i think little under a year, kept having lots of hypo's and was finally given a OGTT some 2 and half year after dx t2 and there was no sign of diabetes and was told that i was ReactiveHypoglycemic, i struggle every day to keep my sugars from dropping quickly, by eating small meals that include complex carbs, protein, fiber, i try to eat very little sugar as ppossible, but does sugar that comes in bread still have an affect on my RH, i know i have to limit or cut the sugar completely out of my diet, also this is a big thing that really gets me, i get alot of joint pain that keeps moving from one part of my body to other parts on a weekly basis, does anyone know if that pain is related to my RH and the raising and lowering of blood sugar! Any input would be appreciated many tnx Andrew Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2012
I was recently diagnosed with hypoglycemia and was having pain that would move all over my body too. My doctor told me that I was also low on Vitamin D and B12. After 3 days of taking B12 and a multivitamin, my pain has gone away for the most part. I have noticed that I will start to hurt if I wait too long to eat or haven't taken my pills.
|

replied August 24th, 2012
How did you get your condition recognized by a doctor? When I talk about they don't seem to know anything. I took a glucose intolerance test and they said I was "normle". But I know I have hypoglycemia. The thing I have the most trouble with is sleeping I wake up after 4 hours really hungry and then I always have a 2 hour gap of being awake makeing me always feel unrefreshed. I have a really hard time solving this problem. It takes a huge toll on how I feel and lowers the quality
of my life.
|