Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Reactive hypoglycemia diagnosis

User Profile
Hello friends, I am 22 years old and I have diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia one month ago. However, according to the signs I have, I believe I had hypoglycemia for 5-6 years. I always thought I am an angry and tired person. Rolling Eyes I haven't considered them as a sign of a problem, because of that, I haven't thought I might have hypoglycemia until last month.

My question is, I feel like I am too late since I figured it out after 5-6 years. I feel panic when searching the internet for some clues. I feel like everyone keeps telling different stuff about that, like what to eat, what to do. I feel confused! My weight is 63 kg and height is 160 cm now, I know I have to lose some weight. If one experienced, wise person tells me what exactly I should do, I am going to do that. But I don't know what to do! sad2
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2017
Hi,

It is NEVER too late. I finally found a doctor that figured out that I have RH and what I've been dealing with with this for years thinking I was dehydrated or not eating enough.

I've been on a low carb, high protein diet and cut out sugar and simple carbs for 3 months now and this week I am not having daily "episodes". I truly believe that my body had to get used to a completely different source of "energy". Over the years I would eat candy all the time when I felt sluggish or tired to pick me up. It progressively got worse and I knew that Candy was not the answer to my problems. I had to go to a couple of Endocrinologist before I found the "right one" they all ran tests and diagnosed me but only the recent one properly guided me.

It does take a few months for your body to adjust so be patient and eat every 2 hours.
|

replied September 10th, 2017
Hi,

It is NEVER too late. I finally found a doctor that figured out that I have RH and what I've been dealing with with this for years thinking I was dehydrated or not eating enough.

I've been on a low carb, high protein diet and cut out sugar and simple carbs for 3 months now and this week I am not having daily "episodes". I truly believe that my body had to get used to a completely different source of "energy". Over the years I would eat candy all the time when I felt sluggish or tired to pick me up. It progressively got worse and I knew that Candy was not the answer to my problems. I had to go to a couple of Endocrinologist before I found the "right one" they all ran tests and diagnosed me but only the recent one properly guided me.

It does take a few months for your body to adjust so be patient and eat every 2 hours.
|
Quick Reply