Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Reaction between desogestrel and lamotrigine

User Profile
Brand new here because I'm trying to find some more info on reactions before I go to doctors..

I think it is a reaction between desogestrel (the pill) and lamotrigine.

But for a good few months for a while now I've had stomach issues. I've been thinking it's just a food type allergen. I have blood tests I need to get done I just wanted to know if anyone has had the same.
I started on the pill in November and been on Lamotrigine for a couple of years. From about Jan I've been feeling nauseous..but it was usually after food like cheese that set it off...
The last two weeks a couple of times the pain in my right lower side of my stomach has been very sharp and short. No.2 has been slightly flaky for a while but back to normal..and a little dot of blood but only once. (The last time it did that I'd just cabonora sauce.. hence the food allergen concern..i doubled over.) Then I've been having a fluttering feeling along the left.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2017
Epilepsy Answer A61059
Welcome to e health forum.

The possibility of allergy reaction is less likely, but is it possible that some side effects may present in your case.

Most medications including antiepileptics or hormonal medications (steroids) can have various side effects including those that you are concerned about. But they could very well be part of normal body physiological issues in normal individuals too.

A proper assessment and a physical examination will help to make a proper diagnosis.

Consult your doctor for a proper opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Epilepsy
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.