Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Body Modification Forum

re-pierced my cartilage, swelling spred, infection?

User Profile
Well, on summer i had done my cartilage with a gun and after i supposed to take it it was really swollen so i tgought it would leave eventually on its own but it didnt so i re-pierced it yesterday lower and the swelling spreaded. i want to a doctor but he said it isnt inflection and prescribed me propiogenta cream. I had put also mupirocin cream.
any help? please
I really think that i have Pseudomas aerugionosa inflection but i cant really tell myself so please help me
thanks in advance

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 12th, 2015
Welcome to ehealth forum.

If you have any form of swelling, redness, pain and fever it could be a sign of infection or inflammation.

If the piercing procedure was not done in a hygienic and aseptic manner, the risk of infection would be high.

The cause of infection can be confirmed only with blood tests and culture examination of any discharge or secretions.

Since your doctor has already examined you and confirmed the lack of infection, it would be reasonable to continue with his line of treatment.

Additional pain medications may be used for symptomatic relief.

If you have doubts, you can seek a second opinion from another doctor and clear all your doubts.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Body Modification , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.