Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

RBC-Red Blood Cells too low

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
User Profile
Hello
I've been fasting for 5 months eating 4 hours a day, I feel great, my blood test is good except for High Alkaline Phospatase and Low RBC, low Hemoglobin and low Hematocrit.
My iron is OK, B12 is OK and everything else.
I've been a vegan for 2 years and vegetarian for 5 years.

Any idea?

HIGH:
ALKP-Alkaline Phosphatase
units 120 : u/l 30

LOW:
RBC-Red Blood Cells
5.5 units: 10*6/micl 4.5

Hemoglobin
18 units: g/dl 13.5

Hematocrit
53 units: % 41

Thanks a lot
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Your hemoglobin is not that bad and acceptable and is attributed to your vegan diet. Proteins and iron supplements and vitamin B complex supplements should be continued.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.