Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Raynaud's disease and stress

User Profile
Hi I am taygo.
I been stressed more than I ever been in my life, the last 4 or more years. This past year been really hard. I only had one "real" job last year, I started college in dec, and I am living at a place where I am not to happy.
I been out of a job since June, but I am going to college. I have been looking for a job and interviewing even since june. College really don't stress me out as much as having no job. As for where I am living, I live with my bf. He could be the love of my life Surprised but we are living with his brother and sister in-law right now. I can't really talk to him about it since it makes drama. We never fought until we came here. He knows I don't like it here, but we have no where else to go. Reason I don't like it here is, his brother trys and tells him I am not right for him in many ways. I am not worried about my bf believing him, I just can't believe what he does. I can't talk to his brother at all without him taking James aside to tell him how messed up I am or I upset him.
I been dating him for about 2 years this april. About a month ago, he wrote a email to my bf*the brother wrote it FROM WORK* saying how I am not a strong woman since I don't have a job, or a car. There was other stuff too. So I dislike being around them more and more. It is hard since his wife, is kinda...lazy, and yells at him all day and night, but I let my bf be him and love him even the bad....I am a weak woman???He is one of those guys that think they are helping but they are hurting.
I feel sick all*overly stressed* the time and I am ice cold. The house is at 69*I live in ut* and since the sun is around, the basement never gets heat, I freeze. So much so I can't move my fingers*well* some days.
I looked up overly cold hands and feet on Google and Raynard's disease popped up. I am not sure I have it, but it sounds like I do. I was wondering, if anyone else has this and how can I really tell I have it? It been freaking my bf out about how I am so ice cold and can barely move my hands unless I cover up for hours.
Sorry, I had to vent. Also..it is kinda hard for me to go to a doctor...so anything you guys say would help me greatly:) <3
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2008
How do you feel in your mind? Can you think clearly and in an orderly way? Or do you feel as though your thoughts are jumbeld and in the back of your mind? I am 17 and think I"M GOING CRAZY... perhaps it is just depression, but I feel as though I'm losing myself and my identity. I don't really know who I am anymore ....
Is that how you feel? Just curious/hopeful that I'm not alone!
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
For Raynaud's, it's a circulation problem. It could be that you have it, but I don't think it's a huge thing to worry about. My mom has it and all she does is wear fuzzy slippers and warm gloves during the day.

And hey girl, you need a good bubble bath!!
PS. there should be some kind of mental health/medical health services at your school that you can take advantage of?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...