Is anyone one eating a raw vegan or just vegan diet? My brother has been raw vegan for a year now and he looks great. He lost a lot of weight (although he wasn't doing it for that reason) and he has so much energy. He's actually training for a marathon.

I was just wondering if eating that way could help restore better eating habits for people who have eating disorders.

For the past few days I've been eating more fruits and vegetables (although I already ate a lot vegetables), and less animal protein. I'll have edamame beans or tofu and I've cut back on grain products a lot. I must admit that I do feel better and happier. I can't say that I am eating a raw vegan diet because I think I'll need to transition into it slowly rather than abrubtly.

Any advice or suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2008
I am slowly transitioning to a raw/vegan diet myself. I love Living on Live Food by Alisa Cohen, and Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani Phyo to get you started.

As far as a raw/vegan diet helping people with eating disorders, I don't think any diet can help you in that respect. Having a healthy relationship with food and your body is the only way to help with that issue.

There is a disorder being called Orthorexia, in which people take eating healthy to extremes. They cut so many things out of their diet, and end up making themselves sick. I suggest getting into a support group for your particular eating disorder and corresponding with other health concious people to make sure you are not taking things to extremes.

I have struggled with my weight and have done unhealthy things to my body to lose weight, but I am trying to have a better outllook when it comes to food. I try to focus on putting nutritious food into my body versus what fat, calories, etc in them. When you are eating a raw/vegan diet, you are always putting good things into your body so you are worried less about adverse things happening to your body.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
|

replied September 10th, 2008
Thank you very much!
|

replied October 2nd, 2008
Have you ever tried yoga?
|

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2018
Experienced User
Attentively listen to your body, especially if there are stomach problems.
|