User Profile
Recently I had unprotected sex with a new partner, she said she was tested two months ago and has had no partners since. Around 32 hours after we had sex, I noticed a numbing sensation in my penis and it now after 48 hours it feels mildly irritated. I also have developed a mild rash in my public area which I would desribe as red lesions, no spots or bumps. The red rash may be related to my dermatitis but I know the other symptoms could be gonorrea. How long does it take before clamidia or gonorrea to show up on an STD exam? Should I get tested after a week or more?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2010
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A11390
Hi,

The rash you are describing could be due to an allergic reaction or an infection. Infection with Herpes does produce such rashes but usually not so early. It might show up after 3 days. So the chances of a skin reaction (dermatitis as you have mentioned) is possible.

Gonorrhea shows clinical symptoms from about 2-6 days in most cases. In chlamydial infections, symptoms show after a week in most cases.

It would be better for you to get it examined by a dermatologist and I recommend that you use protection in the future to avoid such apprehensions.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.