Hello All,

I’ve had this rash on my back which appears to be a large normal colour circle (colour my skin normally is) surrounded by red areas. The area of the circle is like 10-15cm diameter, they are quite large. The redness around the circles is noticeable and spreads around my back and is also itchy !!

This rash changes everyday? some days it’s barely noticeable and some days it’s very red and the circles are quite large.

I have had this rash once before but used a cream and it went away, but now it is back again and not reacting to the cream ??

The circles or the red area are not inflamed or dry or peeling - just looks like normal skin but red.

I can’t really go to the doctor at the moment.

Any help appreaciated !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2018
Based on your description it appears to be the bull's-eye rash of Lyme disease however you need to confirm whether you are in an area we are such ticks are prevalent that may lead to Lyme disease this shorts specially be investigated if there is associated arthralgia joint pains fever and history of hiking or camping in the recent past in a prevalent area But it could also be due to a local cause such as contact dermatitis the clothes should be changed a proper bath should be taken in the area should be cleaned

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.