Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Rash of Zits Overnight, cutting out preservatives

Two months ago, I started cutting out all preservatives and chemicals in my diet. Ever since, every couple of weeks I will wake up with a huge rash of blemishes (they look like zits) all over my chest, neck, and forehead/jawline. It literally happens overnight; I go to bed and my skin is perfectly fine, and then I wake up covered and it lasts for several days. I have never had this problem before. I haven't changed body soap or laundry detergent, haven't changed my shower habits, haven't changed medications, and haven't been sick. I have tried sleeping on my side instead of my stomach, and acne cream hasn't had any effect at all. I decided to stop picking at it, but since then, it has actually gotten even worse. I have no idea what's causing this, and because it's only recently started, I really want to solve it naturally. I am so embarrassed! Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2014
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealth forum and I am really glad to help you out.

It can be due to allergic reaction or even due to bed bug bites. To confirm the diagnosis you need to get skin allergy testing and a biopsy of the skin scrapings done. Diagnosis of allergies is by skin prick or patch tests. In these tests, a small amount of allergen is injected into the skin of the forearm by a doctor. If you are allergic to the allergen then you will develop a red, itchy bump on the site of injection. Confirmatory test is by blood tests (RAST).

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.