Its been more than 2 weeks and I've been feeling all itchy over my body. I wake up in the middle of the night scratching my stomach, thighs, arms and ESPECIALLY MY ANKLE. I know I don't have the chicken pox because I already got that in middle school... and I know its not a rash...because rashes can't be that long. I try using lotion and itchy cream but they just make it worse.

here's a picture of my bad ankle:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc 1/v2621/54/118/1428555936/n1428555936_3008 8776_7562845.jpg
if anyone could help me whats going on...i'd appreciate it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2009
Supporter
I can't really tell what I'm looking at in the picture. Did you have any blisters or crusting over? If so, this could be shingles. (Shingels is a form of chicken pox that lies dormant and causes problems when we get older.) Having chicken pox earlier will not stop you from having this. It usually affects people in their 60's or older but can sometimes occur in people much younger than that.
|

replied April 5th, 2009
Rash-like skin
it is pretty much crusted over. i had blisters for a while and then it turned into a big humongous scar on my ankle. and now the itching-ness is spreaded to my stomach, thigh, back and arms and even onto my foot and right now most of them are in blisters.
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2009
Supporter
Sounds like shingles to me. You should get it checked out my a doctor.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....