Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Random Ability To Feel Other People's Emotions

User Profile
I feel like I can tell and read people's emotions from just looking at their eyes. It's like I can read their soul or something like that. I feel amazed and mildly disturbed that I can do this. I've helped 3 people get over with their emotional problems with this "skill" and I do have plans to be a doctor, but not a psychology one. I'm just 14 years old and I haven't had any problems with my physical and mental health in my life. I don't do drugs because it's wrong and illegal (and very expensive because I have no money). Is there something wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2012
No, I'm 15 and I'm very much the same. I believe it's just that we're more in tune with everyone else and can, therefore be very empathetic when needed. Have you ever seen Sherlock Holmes, haha? Smile A bit farfetched, but I like to believe that we're just observant and can easily put ourselves into the shoes of a random person just by looking at them. I can do the same thing, and there's nothing wrong with me Smile Has this helped you?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....