Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

radial tunnel syndrome, burning tendinitis-like symptoms

User Profile
5 years ago I developed burning tendinitis-like symptoms in my right arm from excessive piano practice. The symptoms have been mostly present for this entire duration, with short breaks from 2 weeks to 4 months of being almost completely cured. I have gone through years of physical therapy, orthopaedicians, acupuncturists, etc., basically every medical outlet that was suggested to me. I was eventually diagnosed with radial tunnel syndrome with the emphasis being that my nerve was entrapped. I had radial tunnel release surgery and my arm was better for a short amount of time, but is now back to being symptomatic. Additionally, my left arm is now showing small signs of symptoms. I feel I have gone through nearly all orthopaedic medical options and am thinking it may be a nerve problem or other systemic problem. Is there any disorder that would explain constant, unhealing inflammation in the arm? My injury is affecting even my ability to write with a pencil - I fear it will ruin my life.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2017
Muscular and Nerve Disorders Answer A62265
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With history of Entrapment neuropathy, symptoms of inflammation hardly resolved 100%. Recovery is partial and treatment is mostly supportive. Iron vitamin B12 supplement , good balance nutritious diet rich in proteins, losing weight, exercise frequently, Physiotherapy exercises and frequent follow up with you Rheumatologist are advised. I would like you to get evaluated for any underlying rheumatological cause of autoimmune disorder to rule out as a necessary suspect in the etiology of this inflammation and pain . if that work is normal, then the treatment is mostly supportive for inflammation and symptomatic.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Muscular and Nerve Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.