Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

QUITTING!!!!!!!! smoking, IM DONE

QUITTING COLD TURKEY!!! dont try to talk me out of it cause IM DONE. smoking has ruined my life and i cant take it anymore. but if you have any ideas that can help me and others through it please post!!! im open to any suggestions! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2010
quit smoking
You can do it! I quit this way and it was very hard to feel the withdrawl symptoms, but you will get through the worst part in a few weeks. I felt angry, depressed and etc, but eventually started to feel human again. I'm still having problems with constipation after 2 months, but otherwise I'm smokd free!
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2012
I tried that many many times...could never do it..I used nic gum and cut down on that...but started smoking agian so now I use E-cigs.
|

replied May 16th, 2012
I think you can do it if you have a strong feeling.If you really want it then only you can do it.
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2012
That depends on the person....I wanted to quit very badly....and I couldn't. You would have to lock me up so I couldnt get any nicotine..for me to quit cold turkey. There is easier ways...to quit smoking.
|

replied May 30th, 2012
Experienced User
You got this!!! u can do it!!! i quit cold turkey and i havent had a cigarette in 9 days thank God! i havent had withdrawl ive just been grouchy lol
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2015
You can do it. I am never and I mean I will never be a smoker for my whole entire life. The same goes for drinking. Except for water, Juices and tea and so on. But not beer, wine and etc.
|

replied December 1st, 2015
How to Stop Smoking?
Dropping the smoking habit is not as simple as many think. Getting habituated to any lifestyle is easier. However, changing to a different lifestyle or dropping a habit needs proper plan that requires mental stability.

Once you feel that smoking is dangerous and realize it, that is the point of taking next step
Never think it is too late to think about quitting smoking. Its never late to stop a habit that is bad for your health
Say your thoughts to your family members and friends to have their support to quit smoking
Keep yourself busy and have your schedules occupied. Whenever you feel bored, just involve yourself in doing exercises or go for a walk
Avoid the places where you usually present when you are smoking
There is no authentic proof yet about electronic smoking’s safety. So, do not think this could be an alternative
Consult a doctor to learn about how to quit smoking in a healthier way
Know from doctors about alternative therapy for nicotine consumption
There is nothing impossible and its never too late to quit something
Smoking effects on body are too negative to your health. Just know that smoking not only affects your lungs but the entire system. Smoking effects on body normally leads to one another like a chain reaction spoiling the health. Think about quitting smoking if you understand and realize the effects of smoking on your body.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2016
Go go go.............. you can do it! Don't give up
|
Quick Reply