I'm currently in prison, been taking methadone for about 6months 2 or 3 a day no more than 30 ml but I dicaided to quit because not the best thing to do in prison, ( I'm not even prescribed to it) it's been 3 days since I took my last one and honestly I'm not having any major WD , yeah of course I feel weak and uncomfortable but I still manage to eat and sleep so far, I just been reading other's post and most of em saying methadone WD takes weeks even months to feel normal, I don't wanna be stack in my cell for weeks and not be able to protect myself if needed, anybody knows how long does methadone WD takes, any suggestions will be appreciated...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2016
Experienced User
Hayko, this sounds really good. Hopefully you'll be able to get rid of methadone successfully.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.After stopping it should not take more than a week for methadone to be completely out of your system . Request an addiction medicine expert and let them help you in this regard.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.