Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Quit smoking side effects - Coughing

Hi Doctor,

I had been smoking for 20 yrs and quit smoking since 7 weeks. I used to smoke 17-20 Cigarretes a day in the past 6 yrs. Seven weeks back I was down with a Flu, Cold and Cough (chronic) and I took the opportunity to quit. However, since then, the cough has not left me. I shared the news of my quiting smoking with my doctor who gave me different medicines since the cough did not subsude. It was really difficult for me to speak a few words and I would start coughing. I had pain and cramps in my ribs- both side. After medication, the cough seemed to subside, but, I was down with Viral fever and again the cough resuructed. The doctor whom I visit regularly gave me normal medicines for the viral fever and cough syrup to suppress cough and extricate the mucus. Which did not work and I visited another doctor who gave antibiotics, but it lead to skin rashes and but the cough was down for 3-4 days. I had to discontinue the anitbiotics to help the rashes subside. But now again the
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Actually you must take precautions before quitting and actually try some meditation and healing process.
|
Did you find this post helpful?