Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

quick release of sperm and Dr. priscribed me fluoxitine?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
I am suffering from quick release of sperm in sexual intercourse. When I consulted a doctor, he priscribed me fluoxitine. Will it work?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A26228
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the early ejaculation that your husband is having. The symptoms that your husband is having can be due to premature ejaculation.

It is most often caused by anxiety and too much stimulation. Depending on when premature ejaculation has started, it can be primary or secondary. The treatment of premature ejaculation is having a psychological session with the couple, stop-start or squeeze-pause techniques, desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) in severe cases like Fluoxetine which you have been prescribed. I would suggest you to take it as prescribed by your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.