what do you think of parents who kiss there children on the lips
please post
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2008
Supporter
I grew up in a family that kissed on the cheek and not on the mouth. Because of germs, drool, what kids have put in their mouths, what PARENTS have put in their mouths (if you know what I mean)... I have never even considered kissing kids on the mouth. I would not want to make my kids sick or vice versa. I wince a little when I see parents kiss their kids on the mouth but would not go so far as to tell them what they should or should not do. To each his own.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
The little kids in my family kiss on the mouth. When we say give me a kiss" they just lean over and kiss you on the lips. I guess I've never thought about the germs and stuff, but of course we wouldn't do it when we were sick or anything. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I see what you're saying about passing germs and things along.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I kiss my daughter on the lips every single day. I'll either ask her for some sugar or she'll pucker up and make her kissy face when she wants one. Obviously I never kiss her on the lips when I have a cold, but I'm very rarely sick. She's only been sick once in her life, and she's 2 years old. I think it's a very affectionate thing to do, and as long as you're not coming down with a cold or another contagious disease I see nothing wrong with it.
|

replied November 6th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I would also like to know why some kids refuse to kiss anywhere else but the lips
|

replied January 15th, 2009
Experienced User
maybe u should ask the child?
|

replied January 15th, 2009
So Im surpose to just walk up to some kid and ask them? Wouldn't that look a bit creepy?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2009
Community Volunteer
My kids kiss everyone on the cheek. That is because they understand the germ phenomenon. My best friend's kids kiss each other on the lips and their parents. With the exception of the 10 year old, who is mortified of even holding her mom's hand. There is nothing wrong with either method of showing affection. Because that is just what it is. Affection.
|

replied January 17th, 2009
Well Im happy because I once saw the little girl next door been kissed on the lips as she was going off to school Smile
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
I don't think children should be kissed on the lips, 1) Because of germs - Colesores etc, and 2) I don't want my children kissing any adults or other children on the lips as they need to know what is appropriate or not, and there are so many PEDOES in the world now adays, you just don't know who is or isn't, could even be living next door.
|

replied March 26th, 2009
do you let your kids kiss you on the lips?
|
Tags: parenting, lips
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....