Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Question about serious constipation? :[

User Profile
I have no idea where to post this, sorry.

Last week I didn't poop for 5 days, so I took 2 laxatives and they worked 8 hours later.
This week, it's been another 5 days, and I still can't go. I'm not going to take another laxative because I don't want to get dependent on them, but I don't know what to do.
This last week I've been working out an hour almost every day (I'm a female, 18 years old), because I'm trying to lose weight.
I've been taking "One A Day" Women's formula multivitamins, and making sure to get lots of fiber in my diet, but that still isn't helping.
(TMI) I have a history of constipation, I remember being younger and crying when I had to go because I rarely was able to without my mom shoving something up my butt to make me go..
So, two questions:

1) How can I fix this? I really need to poop :[ Just can't
2) What medical condition(s) could this be (all of the possibilities)?

Thank you,
Kellee
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2011
constipation remedy
my girlfriend has the same problem only worse, ive been able to fix her bowls with basic essential nutrition.

you said you are trying to lose weight so you have probably cut down on fatty foods, but do some research on how omega 3 fats will actually assist in weight loss and normal bowl movements. Any oil processed with heat (like magerine) is very bad for you since it become harder and conviently for corporations can last months lorger than cold pressed oils which must be kept in the fridge. Any natural fat that you must keep in the fridge you know is good for you. (seed and nut oils dairy fats and perishable fats like avo)

If you dont like the idea of swallowing flaxseed oil just like that, make your own salad dressing with it.

other foods that would help you would be seeds and nuts they have the added benefit of vits and minerals and proteins perfect for workouts. the best options are sunflower/pumpkin/flax and the nuts anything but a "nut" that has a bean shape, cause they are in fact more like beans.
|

replied September 10th, 2011
Drink atleast one liter of water every day, two if you can. I started doing this everyday before I digested anything else. I wasnt having the same problems as you but I did see an improvement in normal occurences.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2011
I used to have a milder form of this issue, what worked for me was to increase my intake of fibre rich foods but I made sure to eat these foods mostly in the morning. I then made sure to have at least 6-8 tall glasses of water per day.

The link below has some great exercises to help massage and loosen your bowels to promote healthier bowel movements:
(link removed- admin)
Good luck and good health!
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....