Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

question about getting my tubes tied

Hello, I was having a discussion with someone else ware on the net about getting my tubes tied and they told me getting my tubes tied does not stop the semen from coming out of my penis hole but still wont get a woman pregnant from having intercourse. It just doesn't seem right to me, How can I NOT get a woman pregnant threw intercourse if my semen goes into the vagina even If I have my tubes tied? can someone explain this to me? common sense tells me obviously if I get my semen into a woman's vagina then they will get pregnant. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its the sperm in the semen that fertilizes the egg.Once tubes are tied there are no more sperms in semen.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|

replied January 14th, 2019
Hi again doctor khan, I have other questions so please answer them when you can. does the quality of semen when it comes to sex with women after getting tubes tied not as good as if I did not get my tubes tied? does the seamen look different? feel different to a woman? what is the PROS of having my semen with my tubes tied other then not getting a woman pregnant? what are the cons of having my tubes tied?
|

replied January 17th, 2019
Experienced User
Getting tubes tied is usually only used to describe a female getting sterilized. A male gets a vasectomy or fixed or the snip. The two tubes that carry sperm from the man s testicles are cut and blocked off to stop any sperm from reaching his penis when he ejaculates during sex. His sperm stay trapped in his testicles and scrotum. The semen he ejaculates looks, feels, smells, and seems the same as before he was sterilized. But it contains no sperm, only fluids from his other sex glands like his prostate gland and seminal vesicals.
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2019
What are the side effects of having your tubes tied?
|

replied March 5th, 2019
Experienced User
Again, men s sterilization surgery is rarely called getting his tubes tied. That is usually the term for females getting their fallopian tubes cut and blocked to sterilize a female.

Men get vasectomies to get sterilized. In men slang terms can include getting fixed, cut, snipped, chopped, and similar references to getting a vasectomy in which the vas deferens tube that carries sperm from each testicle to the penis is cut and permanently blocked off to prevent his sperm from traveling from his testicles to his penis. Preventing him from ejaculating any sperm that could get a woman pregnant.

The side affects can range from healing up from this ximple surgery to bleeding after the surgery to bruising and swelling near the surgery site. Less commonly men can have pressure build up from the daily sperm production being trapped inside the testicles or chronic pain, nerve damage in the scrotum, or immune system reactions to the sperm after the natural barrier between a man s sperm production and storage and his immune system can be damaged and allow his own immune system to attack his own sperm and the sperm production cells inside his testicles as foreign cells that lack all of his DNA. In severe cases a vasectomy can lead to chronic pain or even to a slow castration by the immune system destroying the testicles.
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2019
i have a question??
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.