About a week ago, I went to the doctor with swollen glands and tonsils tonsils, a cough, and puss in my throat. I was told it was tonsilitus, and was put on a gargle (novo-benzydamine), and an anti-biotic (novamoxin). After taking the medication, my puss had cleared away, but my cough was still there. I sitll was continuing the medication. Today my throat started hurting alot, and I noticed there was alot of puss there this time. I went to the urgent care. The doctor said my tonsils were huge, and she didn't seem quite sure what it was. She put me on a new anti-biotic (apo-azithromycin), but told me to go see my family doctor within 1-2 days. I'm not sure now that it's tonsiltus, I think it may be something else. I was just wondering if there were any ideas of what this may be..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2009
I'm also very tired, I don't know if that relevant
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....