Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have a lump on my right side of my upper back. It has puss coming out of it that smells really bad. I have had it for about a week and it seems to be getting bigger any ideas on what it might be

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2011
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A29071
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the lump draining pus on right upper back for the last 1 week.
There seems to be the possibility of infected ruptured cyst, might be infected sebaceous cyst and you might need a course of antibiotics for which you must consult your personal physician as the definitive diagnosis is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.