Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

pushup and situp help!!!

I am attending a military college in the fall and I need to get in crazy good shape. I run regularly (track and cross country) but I haven't built up my upper body much because of this. I am 6' 1'' and weigh between 165 and 173 pounds. I report August 16th but I need to take the test by mid july latest.

So I want to get as close to 100 percent on the tests and that requires:

71 pushups
78 situps

These have to be done in a period of 2 minutes. I can only currently do 13-20 pushups (varies) at one time but can follow with sets (less each time).

I can do between 20-35 situps at one time too.

I would really appreciate any advice or specific workout program (based off lowest numbers)!! THANKS!!! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
Doing sets of no more than 45 bicycle situps at a time will help make ur abs fitter at an alarming rate, making you better at regular situps. If you can't do 45 bicycle situps, do sets of 25. Once several sets of 45 get easy, start wearing shoes when you do ur bicycle situps.

For pushups, just do 10 pushups whenever you are in the mood and try to get as many cumalitive pushups a day as you can (shoot for 50 for now). If that is not intense enough for you, schedule in a ladder workout for pushups once or twice a week (anything more will leave u sore, delaying ur training in the next few days). Start with: 5 pushups, 10 pushups, 15 pushups, 10 pushups, 5 pushups.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....