I am a 24 male and have had a sporadic pulsing sound in my ear (left only) for about a month. It started happening just few times a day and wouldn't happen every day. Now I am noticing it more and more. I can only describe it as a pulse or thump sound. I don't experience any discomfort, just an annoyance.

Can anyone help explain what this is? Is there anything that I can do about it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 29th, 2009
Experienced User
I'm guessing your ear is clogged with wax and you are actually hearing your own heart beating. Go to the drug store and get a ear cleaning kit (don't use q-tips, since they will usually just push the wax in further). If that doesn't work, go see your doctor to have a more thorough cleaning.
|

replied May 1st, 2009
Infection
You can buy polysporin ear and eye drops over the counter, its the only over the counter meds with antibiotics in it that you can buy. Try it, works for me, if it don't work, you need to visit your dr.
|

replied February 21st, 2010
Do you have FMD? (Fibromuscular dysplasia)
I've had pulsing in my ear for the past 4 months. At first I went to my family doctor thinking I had an ear infection. I didn't. Then I went to an ENT and my ears looked good. Now I am looking into getting check for FMD (fibromuscular dysplasia). It's a disease of the arteries. I may have a problem with one of the arteries in my neck. Do you get headaches, feel run down and have pain in your neck?
|

replied July 8th, 2010
pulsing sound and pain in ear then this may be due to wax in ear.
Heat 2 pieces of garlic in mustard oil till it turns black.
after few minutes of cooling this oil. put in ear few drops of it for about a week.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....