Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pulled muscle in pelvic area ?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
While lifting a very heavy object, I felt something tear or pop on my left side below my navel and abou two inches left of my navel.
There is not any significant pain in the area to the touch, but I have nausea at times and some internal discomfort in the whole immediate area. I went to my doctor and he examined me for a hernia.
He concluded that I do not have a hernia and that I could have pulled a muscle in my pelvic area. The condition seemed to be getting better for about a week and has now flared up again. I have not stopped doing some of my activities and may have aggravated the area again without knowing. Is there an abdominal muscle injury that could give me these symptoms? My doctor is currently on leave so I cannot reach him at this time. I would appreciate any advice you could give me. I have had this issue for 3 weeks. Thank You very much.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A17756
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. In view of the symptoms described by you, the possibility of a strained/pulled muscle seems high if the hernia has been ruled out.

You should take some anti-inflammatory drugs along with muscle relaxants and hopefully you should

However, it always makes sense to get an ultrasound/CT scan of the abdomen done to rule out any other possibility like a stone in the urinary tract, any pathology of the colon (large intestine) etc.

Please consult your surgeon for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.