Hello I'm a teen, I've had discharge for over 9 months now. Then today when I went to the washroom I seen blood so wiped again and there was still blood. I put on a panty liner but now I'm not bleeding now and nothing has happen for the past hour. I don't know what to do so I need some help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2016
Community Volunteer
It is pretty normal when you start for it to be this way. Your body is still getting ready and getting everything to work together to form your menstrual cycle. The first year or two can be a bit rough. You will not ovulate every month, and you may skip months. Some periods can be a few drops, some a flood.

Your menstrual cycle is a very complex thing. Your brain, glands, hormones, ovaries and uterus must work together to form one harmonious cycle. this can take a bit of time to happen as the individuel componats begin to work.

Just use a panty liner for the next day or two to make sure you are not caught unaware. Tell your mom or guardian that you saw a bit of blood if you have not done so yet.

You will learn your signs that your period is arriving so that you can be prepared. Things like cramps, emotions, acne, oily skin or hair, irritation, feeling horny, change in your appetite, cravings and others. But do not be worried, it is not nearly as bad as it sounds. Your mom has gone through this herself and understands what you are go through. Talk to her about what you are feeling and wondering about. That is one of the things that moms are there for.

Best of luck!
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Many girls will have a very light flow of blood the first couple of times they get their period, others have more. Lots of girls expect their blood to be bright red during their periods, but it's completely normal for menstrual blood to be brownish. Consult your gynecologist if you are ever concerned about your period.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.