User Profile
Hi,

I have been dating her for 9 years now . A little back ground story. Two years a ago she has a psychotic break and she broke up with me during that time. I tried a lot to convince her but after a point I left it . She was under treatment for 2 months and after she got better she got in touch with me . I told her after a while that if she wants to get back she should make up her mind and go away again. She told me that she wanted to be with me and would never hurt me again. Things were really good until now when out of the blue she told me she doesn’t feel the same . I felt hurt and told her that why did she even come back if she dint had to do this again. I felt betrayed and cheated so I told her that and blocked her. I even told her that she was just playing around with me and wasn’t really serious and had just used me till she got bored. Over the last few years we havnt had any major arguments and I give her all the space she needs. I am still confused as to what happened.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2018
Bipolar Disorder Answer A63718
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

This is a very difficult situation to comment on net, but from your post it seems nothing went wrong between you or because of you. You seem to believe in strong committed relationships. In all probability, your girlfriend values that, and therefore came back to you earlier. However, it also seems she also has some psychological issues because of which she herself is not sure of what she needs. Since you gave hr space and since she again decided to quit, in the long run, such relationships where she comes and goes will take a toll on you.

It is best to let her move on and the same with you. Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint what went wrong. However, you appear to a good person and deserve all the happiness in a relationship. There sure is someone out there who will be that life-long companion for you.

Since it is a tough phase to go through, please consult a counselor to help you tide over this tough time. Be around good friends. Take up an activity you had been wanting to do for long. Exercise regularly as they calm your mind and body.

This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.