Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Psychosis schizophrenia agoraphobia ?

Hey there,

i was wondering if anyone could give me some good advice on what to do about my relationship. i found out my boyfriend has been diagnosed with psychosis schizophrenia.

we have been together for more than 14months and been through alot. i love him alot and i would do anything for him, and he loves me, but there seems to be no attraction to me anymore. we've been living together for ust under 12 months and we work really well together. he is my best friend, my advisor, my guidance, my everyting, but we never have sex. he never tells me how he feels but he always says i love you back. he loves me and we both cry whenever we talk about the issue, but he still cant seem to see that a little bit of affection isnt too much to ask for, right? i'm at my witts end but i'm scared if i leave him he wont be ok. he doesnt talk to most of his family, and most his friends are my friends, i'm not sure what he has if he doesnt have me, and i'm pretty sure he's said that to me before to.

i want us to work so badly, but when i try to talk to him about his disorders he brushes it off like they're not real. i'm willing to spend any amount and put every effort into find treatment for his disorders as i strongly believe he's not happy with himself, so how can he be happy with me. but he has told me there is no medication for his dsorders and refuses to talk about it more. i'm at my witts end and i cant take any more rejection, i'm becomng depressed myself. our fights are getting more regular and worse, i dont want us to hate each other. what should i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2010
you should support him and help him,love is about sacrifice not about having fun and sex all the time
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2010
You say that a little bit of affection isnt to much to ask.

Well for a person with schizophrenia it is. I was in a relationship a while back. The girl had the same complaint as u. Showing affection does not come naturally for us.

If you are staying with him just coz you are afraid of what will happen to him if you leave him, it just isnt going to work.

People with schizophrenia are just very bad in relationships and usually the other person stay together out of fear of what will happen if they leave.

My advice is to let him go. Things are not going to get better.
|

replied February 11th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
Break up with him.

That's good advice.

And go rethink your life for several years.
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....