User Profile
I think that I have psoriasis on my scalp. It is scaly, tender, red, extremely itchy, and scabby. No dandruff shampoo has ever worked either. How do I stop the itching? It keeps me up at night and is kind of embarrassing since I have very dark hair. Tea tree oil has slightly helped, but old for a few hours. Is it psoriasis? And what can I do to treat it?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2012
Psoriasis Answer A34505
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
It is difficult to comment on the suspicion of scalp psoriasis that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. If conventional treatment measures for dandruff/symptom control have not worked, you should consider visiting your doctor/dermatologist for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/dermatologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is eczema? We review basic facts on types of eczema and provide the medical definition of this common skin disorder here....
Children are more likely to get eczema. But are you at risk of this skin condition? Also, info on what causes eczema in this section....
Do you know how to identify symptoms of eczema? We review the common signs of eczema in adults and kids and let you know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Psoriasis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.