Hi Muhammad
I broke my fumer in two places while jogging, it was a inter-trocheteric and mid shaft oblique displaced, the doctor put a rod inside with 3 screws. It's been four weeks now, I haven't been clearing for weght bearing yet

How long does it take for such a fracture to heal,
How long will it take for me to start carrying my children on my back

Kind regards,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Usually fracture of the weight bearing joints takes months and speed of the recovery depends on many other factors like young age ,healthy status and status of vitamin D and associated minerals,diet,lifestyle and most important age. Young people with healthy parameters heals quicker in a few months and they are able to put weight on their legs completely with in six months to a year,but if the patient is old with bone mineral density or reduce vitamins D level to take a bit longer .So it would be wise not to put pressure on your fracture leg as long as you can and let your orthopedic Sargon decide what is best for you .

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery, Diet
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Broken Bones , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.