Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Prostatitis, TMJD, Scoliosis, and Kyphosis have ruined my life.

Please help me. I am 32 years old. When I was 9 I was diagnosed with kyphosis and scoliosis. I have not had a pain free day since. Then, when I was 29 I was diagnosed with prostatitits. It has caused me a great deal of pain and I could not urinate, etc. I got the pain down but it never has truly gone away. Constant pain in the tip of my penis, etc. Anyways, I have held all this stress in my jaw, so I was given a night time guard. Then, in November of 2016, I had a very rough examination of my prostate at the Cleveland Clinic. I clenched so hard during it and after as I was prescribed night time suppositories for a month, which were incredibly painful. I gritted through it. Now, on November about 2 days after my rough examination I had the worst headache of my life followed by immense jaw pain.

It is now at the point where my jaw hurts so much and my muscles in the area spasm so often it's like my face is made of leather. My teeth are clanking together non-stop. My breathe WREAKS just all of a sudden constantly. I am only eating soft foods because even eating rice hurts. I have tried chiropractic on the jaw and I'll be trying accupuncture on Monday after the weekend.

I teach, so I had already began getting anxiety in front of students and I was grabbing at my groin while teaching because of the pain (and stress from working on a PhD). Now, I can't talk for more than a couple sentences. My entire job depends on the fact that I talk--all day. I can't eat. It takes me over an hour to eat a tiny thing of mac n cheese, so I'm only eating about 1,000 calories a day.

All of my friends have abandoned me except my wife. She assures me I am not a burden on her, but I just dragged her across the country for SIX YEARS to get this PhD that is not essentially worthless because I cannot talk. I'm thinking about suicide every day now, constantly. My insurance stinks so I can only see one psychiatrist who just keeps handing me xanax like that will magically fix everything.

I literally feel my life flashing before my eyes. I'm lost. I hurt head to toe. My wife works night shifts, so we barely see each other. I started hiding my knives at home, etc. Is there any hope out there for me at all? Why continue living like this if I can't do any of the things I enjoy. I mean, I can't even eat my favorite foods or smile at funny jokes because of the pain.

Please. Anyone. Help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2016
I am so sorry to hear your story.. I too have been suffering from prostatitis for about 2 months now... I am 26 years old.. Antibiotics initially cleared me of symptoms gradually in the first weeks. After about 12 days of being symptom free after the initial treatment the beginning stages of perineal burning and light pains evolved Into more severe symptoms. It came back with a vengeance. I also had to do a 15 page essay for a final class in college and as you know, involved sitting for prolonged periods of time, which was impossible. I couldn't even sit for 30 seconds before having to stand up . I went to the length of setting up a desk in the bathroom so I could sit in the toilet naked, where my perenieum was free of pressure and atleast some of the pain. Prostatitis is horrible. I can't drive, I can sit. Did your condition improve?
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These are psychosomatic symptoms. You would need psychiatric assesment for clarification.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.