User Profile
Hello, I am a 23 years old male, and recently I was curious to find out about prostate orgasms so I looked it up on Google. I found out that the prostate is supposed to be between the base of the penis and the urethra, 2-3 inches inside and should feel like a walnut (?).
Lying on my back, I inserted a finger in my anus and I felt something oddly shaped but it wasn't towards my front side, but towards my back side. It is located around 2-3 inches inside if I am relaxed. It seems that when I relax the area this "thing" comes towards the outside. I am quite stressed about it and thus I am posting this question.

Should the inside of the rectum be empty, like a pipe? Is it normal to have such thing?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2019
Prostate Answer A65061
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its normal to have such feeling because prostate is only felt inside rectum on front side if its enlarged.You can confirm it by ultrasound.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.