Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Prostate normal, big trouble peeing

I saw two doctors, one a urologist. Both say my protate feels normal, low psa, and urologist did a sonogram - says it look normal.
I've had trouble peeing for years. I'm 68 now. Urologist prescribed Flomax; it 'worked' to some degree. But after reading the horrendous side affects from *every* guy who's been on this, I stopped it.
I can't understand the dynamics of what's going on here. I get an urgent need to pee and it starts and then stops. The contraction that I used to do when I was a kid to stop it now shoots it out in spurts. When I told the doctors about this, they were silent. I've read and heard vague allusions to the prostate restricting the urine flow, but it doesn't seem to address this issue. It's a mystery so far.
I did extensive research into natural remedies and some have a small effect, although raw unsalted pumpkin seeds by themselves have shown the most benefit so far. I started taking Prosta-Response last month, which has everything in it that I've read about. It seemed to have very little effect until I just ran out of it. The company is starting to make it again, and I'm going to try it for a few more months.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2017
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. At age of 68, enlarged prostate due to benign prostatic hyperplasia is the commonest cause of urinary frequency, hesitancy and urgency. Your urologist need to study all the urodynamics and comment on the prostate size. Digital rectal examination is a good start. Work up for other causes like urinary tract infection and local pathologies like urethritis and urinary tract calculi should be ruled out.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Prostate , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.