Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

prone to yeast infections, and this looks somewhat similar

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Firstly, I am going to be going to my Doctor to get checked out next week. I'm kind of just looking for some peace of mind here, because everything that I see online points to it NOT being anything serious. However, I can't help but worry.

I had unprotected sex with a girl about 2 months ago. When I asked, she said she was clean. About a month and a bit ago, I noticed a red bump on my penis head. I then noticed smaller, less noticeable red bumps all over my penis head.

These are painless, don't itch, with no other symptoms. I do notice that they get a little more noticeable after masturbation. I am prone to yeast infections, and this looks somewhat similar - although the prescription cream I have been given for yeast infections are having no effect.

Any possible idea what this could be? Obviously I am worried about Herpes, but as I said, all the information I've gathered suggests that it probably isn't.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2016
Sexual Health - Men Answer A59892
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bumps on penis are mostly benign and self resolving and due to masturbation. Avoid it, maintain good hygiene and don't pop poke or pick these bumps, these will self resolve.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.