I'm sure plenty of people have had the same issue, but bear with me and my story. The last time I had a regular cycle was in August of 2016. I usually had my cycles about mid-month, lasting about a week. After I finished my period in August, I went 4 months without having a period, no symptoms, and I was not pregnant. I should care to mention I did move away from home which was a bit of a stressful time, I lived with only my mom and went to have 3 male roommates(one of which is my boyfriend(. I had a regular period in January, lasting my usual 7 days. Then comes February... I started my period the 21st of Febuary and didn't stop until the end of March going into April. When I first started menstruating(in Feb.), I did have slight cramps but about 90% of the time I had no types of pain, heavy bleeding and HUGE clots,and my breasts had been swollen and tender since probably before I started my cycle (they have been swollen and tender this entire time, so like 3 months) April was actually an okay month, no spotting at all and then towards the end my cycle starts and has lasted 2.5 weeks going into May with on/off spotting every other day.(this entire time I have been sexually active and I have never been on the pill.) I have no idea what is going on with me and I really need some advice. I have no type of health insurance and I don't know if urgent care or planned parenthood would be my best option that isn't super expensive.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
These findings are consistent with hormonal imbalance .
I would suggest you to start oral contraceptive pills to make cycle regular for about 3-4 cycles.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.