Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Prolonged/irregular period after stopping Yasmin

Hello,

I have tried searching online and reading forums but I am still confused of my condition. Is this normal or not?

I have been taking Yasmin for 1 year and 8 months then i stopped but i finished the pack before discontinuing..then i had 1 normal cycle after that.. then was late for 29 days.. then got my period after 29 days but the bleeding lasted for 27 days with lots of blood clots coming out whenever i check my pad..then got my period 30 days after that....and this time I'm bleeding again for almost 28 days as of today..

I went to the doctor - TSH and prolactin was normal...no uterine mass or ovarian cyst from the ultrasound.. except for increased basophil and so high eosinophils..

Should i get worried? Why am i having this heavy period? I'm so stressed of this and making me worry too much..i feel I can't get enough answer from my doctor... is there any tests i need to do?

Please i hope somebody can help me :'(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2017
Hello,
I do not know your age.Are you perimenopausal? Then age is the cause.Are you having cystic ovaries or PCOS? Then, it can be another cause.Obesity might be other reasons and there are multiple also including gross hormonal disturbances inside you. Do one thing.Meet any gynecologist.You need some in depth testing and medicines accordingly to control the cycle.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.