Dear eHealth, Please help me find information concerning my medical problem of having a prolapsed rectum that will not return to the anus. I have had it repaired four years ago, but again I'm having a prolapse. Is there anything I can do untill I see my colorectal surgeon on Jan. 19? Thank you for any comfort you might extend. Marie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2013
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If your symptoms have recurred, you will need repeat surgery for correction. Do not ignore your symptoms, and visit your surgeon for further e valuation and management options that can be suggested based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating surgeon and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.