Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Progesterone cream used during period

Hi!

This weekend while visting my aunt I accidently used some of her progesterone cream on my hands and arms that was sitting on the bathroom counter after I washed. I thought it was lotion because it was in a decorative jar. So when I came out of the rest room I asked her what type of lotion it was because it smelled slightly like peppermint and she asked me where did I get it from and I told her and she said that it was her Emerita Progesterone Cream that I used.

Now my period is out of balance. I was on my 2nd day of my cycle and it was going away but now today I am bleeding really heavy and I am having big clots. How long will this hormone last in my system and what can I do to stop the bleeding.

Should I buy the same brand and continue to take it until my next menses since my hormones are out of wack or should I wait until the hormone wears off?

I am 29 years old with a normal 28-29 cycle.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 8th, 2010
Progesterone Cream
I would check this out with your GP. I am in the perimenopause and use progesterone cream to control hot flushes but it does not bring on a period if you are not due one. You probably used a lot as an eighth or quarter teaspoon twice a day is the usual amount - this could be why it has affected you this way.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...