Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Procedures used to treat cellulite

User Profile
Hi

I am from South africa and have a BMI of 21. I have a lot of cellulite and fat on my lower body. I went to a clinic ands was advised to go on a program which will entail the following procedures;
I will follow a hormone regulated body sculpting dieet and undergo the following procedures:
Ultrashape
Lipodissolve
radiofrequency procedure(tripollar)
Carboxytherapy
I am scared that some of the procedures are unsafe and i am not sure if it will help to reduce the cellulite and it is VERY expensive for me. But i am desperate since i am training hard and living healthy and still i have fat and cellulite on my thighs.
Please advice about procedures
Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2009
Fitness Answer A7543
The procedure that was recommended to you actually contains three procedures. Each procedure is described below.

The ultrashape procedure uses ultrasound in order to break the fat cells. Previous training and experience when noting which areas should be treated is recommended.

The lipodissolve procedure includes injecting a cocktail of substances in the fat tissue. The ingredients might differ from one doctor to another. This procedure has not passed the Food and Drug administration tests yet. The problem is that it is not known where the fat actually goes. The metabolism of the injected substances is not completely studied either.

Carboxytherapy includes injecting carbon dioxide gas into the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissue. It is said to increase the local blood circulation. The therapy has been used for a long time.

In the end, you might want to consult with your general practitioner, a nutritionist, or with a plastic surgeon whether you really need to remove the cellulite that is left.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.