I notice I have problems letting go. I come to tears once in a while about things that happened months (even a year) ago. I'm still pretty reasonable about it but I realize that the pain that makes me come to tears is not and I don't know how to make it go away. I'm scared because, even though I don't get suicidal, I can't seem to find a reason to live and I want to die constantly. How can I make it go away? what train of mind should I follow? it's really hard to go on with my life when I don't feel it's worth it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 27th, 2011
I used to be able to control my depression by thinking about all that is good in my life, but eventually it stopped working. I went to see a doctor and he prescribed antidepressants. If the depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain, then the medication is , I believe, the best remedy. Time to time I get off, but if something bad happens, I go back on it. Life is too short to live it in the darkness. Hope you feel better soon.
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi hellonearth and welcome to ehealth: Why not go back to your good thoughts on life...Take some happenings that were fun and expand on them...Stop visiting the bad places in your life and stay with the good...It will help...Take care...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....