Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

problem walking? getting up and down is a task itself

User Profile
DOES ANYONE have a problem walking? getting up and down is a task itself and the pain all the time is terrible. once I get up it takes a minute to step and walk like my legs wont carry me.... steps and stairs are terrible too. ive found nothing that takes away the pain or helps me. I work everyday six days a week and boy is it a job just to get up and get ready for work. I have a sitting job for the past 9 years that has got my legs into this health position I am in with my legs, walking etc., after standing 10 years on concrete at jobs to sitting the last 9 years. if only I would have know maybe exercise or something could have prevented this shape I have gotten myself into.....its almost like my life is on hold but yet flying by before my face as I sat here cause the pain is unbearable.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2014
Arthritis Answer A48498
Thank you for asking
It needs orthopaedic and rheumatologist assessment to sort out the cause of this painful stiffness. Is it osteoarthritis or age related cartilage degeneration or a symptom of a rheumatological issue some question need to be answered and for that some workup radiology and some labs need to be run.try topical painkillers and oral ones.lose weight get some physiotherapy and seek a rheumatologist for further management.
Visit our health centre for further guidance.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.