User Profile

I have a problem related with liver since childhood.When ever I eat some spicy or oily food .My chest stares burning very much.I dont have regular food habit.As time permits i use to have food.kindly suggest me to get ride of this.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2012
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A33929
Welcome to e health forum.

It is possible that your symptoms to be due to gall bladder dysfunction associated with gall stones. The cause is usually due to poor dietary habits, chronic liver diseases, obesity and a sedentary lifestyle.

The common presentation due to gall bladder dysfunction include - Pain or tenderness under the rib cage on the right side , Pain between shoulder blades, Stools light or chalky colored, Indigestion after eating, especially fatty or greasy foods, Nausea, Dizziness, Bloating, Gas, Burping or belching, Feeling of fullness or food not digesting, Diarrhea (or alternating from soft to watery) and or Constipation.

Diagnosis of the cause would require imaging studies like a ultrasound and blood tests (liver functions).

Improved diet (Avoidance of high fatty foods and grease), Physical exercise, weight loss provide the best results in individuals with low functioning gall bladder. Medicines to improve digestion and cleanse the gall bladder can also be prescribed to help in improvement of symptoms.

The definitive treatment of such conditions is cholecystectomy for patients who are able to tolerate surgery.

You might consult with your doctor for additional information and proper treatment.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.