today i started getting a pain in the back of my head like pins were being stuck in it, its spreaded over the top and across my forehead, im under a therepist for panic and anxiety and right now im panicking as i dont know what it is and have never had it before also im due my period so could itbe related im scared its a brain tumour .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Piercing pain that begins in the neck or back of the head and then spreads upwards, to the scalp, forehead, and even behind the eyes, is characteristic for headache known as occipital neuralgia.
You may feel scalp tenderness and eyes especially sensitive to light at the moments of headache.
The pain is caused by irritation or injury to the greater and lesser occipital nerves, which run from the area where the spinal column meets the neck, up to the scalp at the back of the head.
Trauma to the back of the head, pinching of the nerves by overly tight neck muscles, frequent lengthy periods of keeping the head in a downward and forward position,and other factors are found to be related to this type of headache.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank MandMs for this post: keyahuk 
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....