Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Previous Smoker born with Primary Lymphedema - Lung Cancer

First and foremost I want to say thank you to everyone who replies to this post. I am going through a scary time right now and am unable to get an x-ray until some weeks from now.

History:

I was born with primary lymphedema that is prevalent in my hands and my lower right leg. I understand this has to do with my lymph nodes and their removal of wastes from my body, and that they play a huge part in my immune system.

Now all criticism aside, I know I have made some bad choices in my life, but for the past two to three years, I have been a moderate to heavy smoker. I am currently 21 now, and I started smoking when I went to college. I have also smoke marijuana for the past 4 years, and up until a month ago, I smoked synthetic marijuana for a period of two months, before realizing that it was not worth it. I smoked it because I am currently on probation for a DUI I received last year. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been noticing a large number of small "normal looking" moles pop up all over my body, as well as on my neck, face, and scalp.

I went to the doctor today and asked him if i should be concerned about skin cancer, and he knows that I have been a smoker for the past couple of years, although I did not tell him I have smoked synthetic marijuana or that I used to smoke real marijuana.

I am concerned about lung cancer, and that these moles popping up are a sign that it has spread to my skin. Now that signs and symptoms are showing up it seems to make sense that this could be the case considering that I also have primary lymphedema. My grandmother also died from lung cancer.

Now to anyone reading this that thinks I am a complete idiot and I deserve to die, please just save your time. I am going through some incredible mental agony at the moment with my uncertainty and all I want are some possible answers and whether or not I should speed myself to the emergency room for an x-ray or cat scan.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....