Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Preventing eating disorders ?

I need an opinion so that I will know how to prevent this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Allison24 and welcome to ehealth: The best advice that I can give you is the first time that you have eaten a lot of food and feel stuffed and then go on to the next stage and think about the calories, think clearly...It is at a time like this that you might think of vomiting it back up...Instead, think of what you have just done...Think of all that you have eaten and learn from it...If you ate too much then cut down the next meal...Don't let your "weak self" make this decision for you...Fight every temptation that you have of ridding the food...And remember this advice...It could save you years of pain and false hope and possibly even death...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Re: Preventing eating disorders ?
Eating disorders are often the result of long hours of working or because of excessive thoughts or increase in anxiety levels. You are successful once you control your thoughts.

allison24 wrote:
I need an opinion so that I will know how to prevent this.
|

replied August 1st, 2010
Experienced User
Eat healthily and in recommended portions, following the right food groups. Smile It might help you if you can think about what you've eaten and know that you should be eating it Smile
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....